The game takes place in an area filled with obstacles, many of them space-themed, with four holes at the four corners of the screen. The user plays Frankie, who is inside of a pinball. Each hole contains a number, and the goal is to guide Frankie to the number that answers the math problem at the bottom of the screen.
Examples of obstacles include:
- vortexes that will send the pinball in a random direction
- Space Monsters that chomp on the Frankie pinball and turn it orange, causing the controls to be reversed
- laser barriers that block the ball from passing and which turn on and off with time
- conveyor belts
The activity features a variety of different layouts; a new one will appear whenever the activity is finished, or left and returned to.
The arrow keys are used to guide the Frankie pinball around.
Difficulty level differences
Skill (academic) level
See JumpStart Study Helpers Math Booster#Content Chooser levels; also supports custom lists made with the editor
Game Play Level
- Easy: Six questions must be answered.
- Medium: Nine questions must be answered.
- Hard: Twelve questions must be answered.
In addition, not all layouts are available on all difficulty levels. For example, layouts featuring Space Monsters do not appear on the Easy level.
Digital manual description
Game Play Instructions
Oh no! Frankie is trapped in the Space PinBall Machine! In order to get him out you will have to drive him to the numbers that complete your equations. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to control the ball. (Watch out on the harder levels: if a Space Monster eats you, your controls will be reversed!)