It was sold as Jump Ahead Starting Maths in the United Kingdom.
The game begins at Hopsalot's schoolhouse. Hopsalot welcomes the player to kindergarten, when suddenly he recieves a mysterious letter. The letter contains an invitation is for a birthday party in Cloudtown. It also contains a bean. Hopsalot plants the bean, and it sprouts into a gigantic beanstalk that carries the schoolhouse into the sky. Then a giant comes out of his house and sees the house. He mistakes it for a birthday present, and Hopsalot says that it's no present, and that they've just come for a visit. The giant introduces himself as Guthry and says that it's his birthday. He's very gloomy because he feels that everyone has forgotten his birthday. He goes back into his house, and Hopsalot and the kids decide to help him feel better.
Hopsalot starts exploring Cloudtown. He bumps into a girl named Dash. She tells him that Cloudtown is where birthday parties come from, and that Guthry works hard making all the birthday stuff that they bring down to Earth. She says that the people of Cloudtown are planning a special surprise party for Guthry. She asks Hopsalot and the kindergartners for help, and they agree to help. Dash wants them to find 100 sparkly candles for Guthry's birthday cake.
Thus, the player starts helping out around Cloudtown to find candles for Guthry's cake.
- Hopsalot - The kindergarten teacher.
- Guthry - A giant who lives in Cloudtown. He makes things for birthday parties.
- Breezy - Guthry's pet cat, who is also giant. She is helpful to the Cloudtown Airport because she likes to blow things. She blows the airplanes off the ground, and fills balloons with hot air.
- Dash - A girl who lives in Cloudtown. She can fly really fast.
- Bellow - A man who works at the Cloudtown Airport.
- Tooloose - A tailor who is in charge of making birthday clothes. He gets his name from the fact that his clothes are too loose.
- Farmer Hank - A farmer who grows birthday toys and treats on his farm.
- The Hat-Snappers - A group of five singers.
- Baker Jake - A pastry chef who makes birthday desserts. He frequently falls alseep because he gets tired from working so much.
- Bebop - A hamster who lives in the school.
- Jack - A mouse who lives in the school.
- Roquefort - A mouse who lives in the school.
- Number Recognition
- Addition and Subtraction
- Problem Solving
- Sequences and Patterns
- Writing Numbers