JumpStart Reading for Kindergartners is a subject-based JumpStart game released by Knowledge Adventure in 1996. It focuses on a kindergarten reading curriculum. It was formerly called JumpStart Kindergarten Reading.
It was sold as Jump Ahead Starting Reading in the United Kingdom.
Hopsalot wants to find the lost Carrot Patch treasure. Visit Hopsalot's family and friends and play games.
- Hopsalot's Grandpa - He lives in the bayou and enjoys telling stories.
- Hopsalot's Grandma - She lives in the far north and coaches a hockey team of penguins.
- Gracie - Hopsalot's big sister. She lives in the southwest and makes pinatas.
- Romulus - Hopsalot's cousin. He lives on a ranch with cows.
- Flash - Hopsalot's cousin. He lives on the beach and loves to surf.
- Bebop - An old friend of Hopsalot. He lives in the big city and plays a horn.
- Einstein - Grandpa's pet egret.
- Play in Hopsalot's burrow.
- Help Einstein deliver mail to Grandpa.
- Play a game of hockey with a team of penguins.
- Break pinatas with Sister Gracie.
- Make words on Romulus' farm.
- Help Flash win the surf race.
- Help Bebop finish the lyrics to his songs.