KnowledgeLand is a game released by Knowledge Adventure in the fall of 1996. It was included as a bonus disc with the original 1996 releases of JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain and JumpStart Adventures 4th Grade: Haunted Island, and was also released with the JumpStart Grade School bundle, which included all of the original JumpStart Kindergarten through 4th Grade games. It is not explicitly labeled as a JumpStart game, but contains demos for JumpStart games. It is an example of an early massively-multiplayer online game, though it can also be played single-player. In this sense, it is a very distant precursor to the current JumpStart (online game).
The game's setting is an island called KnowledgeLand, which contains the JumpStart Grade School campus and the Brain Blast amusement park. The player selects an avatar character and explores the different locations in KnowledgeLand. The main object of the game is to collect Knowledge Cards. Knowledge Cards contain information relating to various school subjects, such as science, history, and geography. They can be traded or exchanged for points by matching cards with the same categories. As the player earns points, they can unlock new avatars.
The player can move their avatar around by clicking on the location or direction they would like to go to. The player's avatar can perform five animations: wave, jump, spin, fall down, and get up. The player can also chat with other players by using the Kidchat feature. The player can create dialogue boxes by selecting words or phrases from a list, which are then spoken aloud by a synthetic voice. Kidchat also includes a set of voice clips and sound effects.
- Toddler Building - Contains a demo of JumpStart Toddlers (1996).
- Preschool - Contains a demo of JumpStart Preschool (1995).
- Pre-K Schoolhouse - Contains a slideshow describing JumpStart Pre-K.
- Kindergarten Schoolhouse - Contains a demo of JumpStart Kindergarten (1994).
- 1st Grade Schoolhouse - Contains a demo of JumpStart 1st Grade (1995).
- 2nd Grade Schoolhouse - Contains a demo of JumpStart 2nd Grade.
- 3rd Grade Schoolhouse - Contains a slideshow describing JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain.
- 4th Grade Schoolhouse - Contains a slideshow describing JumpStart Adventures 4th Grade: Haunted Island.
- KnowledgeLand Library
- Trolley - Transports the player to the 3rd Grade Schoolhouse.
- Construction Site - A non-interactive location that contains a sign that says "Coming Soon: JumpStart 5th Grade".
Brain Blast Amusement Park
- Blast from the Past - KnowledgeLand's history building.
- Spell-Binder - KnowledgeLand's language building.
- Numerator - A building containing math challenges.
- Art-a-Whirl - A fine arts carousel.
- Gizmotron - A science ferris wheel.
- Sky Needle - Contains an elevator and a gondola that leads to the KnowledgeLand Library.
- Supernova - A roller coaster that the player's avatar can ride on.
- Island Hopper - A ship containing geography challenges.
- A blimp labeled "KnowledgeLand" makes a cameo in JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain. In the screen showing the outisde of the schoolhouse, it will fly by if enough time elapses.