First, at the Louvre's gallery, the player must inspect three paintings. These paintings will all fit a certain theme, such as still life, landscape, or portrait. Then the player must find a fourth painting that matches the theme of the paintings on display.
To retrieve the missing painting, the player must navigate CJ around the Louvre's basement. CJ is controlled with the arrow keys. There are several crates, and each one contains a painting. When CJ is next to a crate, the player must press the spacebar to see the painting inside. Edison will briefly describe the painting to help the player decide if it belongs in the gallery.
When the correct painting has been found, the crate containing it must be pushed to the basement door. Dirt will prevent the crate from being moved, so it can only be pushed along a clear path. The player must use CJ to sweep any dirt in the way. The player must also avoid the Dust Devils. They move around the basement, and any clear areas that they move over become dirty again. If CJ comes into contact with a Dust Devil, he'll get all tangled up, and the player loses one of their tries, which are indicated by the number of brooms near the bottom of the screen.
Once the painting has been brought upstairs, the player must repeat the process for another set of paintings. There are five rounds. On the fifth round, the player will be sent to the Art Start Wing instead of the basement, where they will create their own painting to be displayed in the Louvre.
- Nympheas by Claude Monet
- Old Man Seated in an Armchair by Rembrandt
- Landscape with a Stone Bridge by Rembrandt
- Portrait of Dr. Gachet by Vincent Van Gogh
- Portrait of an English Woman by Hans Holbein the Younger
- Head Of Child by Andrea del Sarto
- Head of a Woman by Andrea Verrocchio
- Young Woman with a Water Pitcher by Johannes Vermeer
- A landscape painting by Cornelis van Poelenburgh
- Landscape with Farmhouses by Camille Pissarro
- Palatial Courtyard with a Fountain by Giovanni Battista Piranesi
- Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone by Thomas Moran
- The Shady Walk by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Still Life with Glass by Cornelis de Heem
- Still Life by Paul Cézanne
- Still Life with Pipe and Tobacco by William Michael Harnett
- Just Dessert by William Michael Harnett
Difficulty level differences
Game Play Level
- Level one: There are three crates and one dust devil moving slowly.
- Level two: There are five crates and one dust devil moving quickly.
- Level three: There are seven crates and two dust devils moving quickly.
Digital manual description
Game Play Instructions
The agent needs help finding missing paintings in the basement of the Louvre Museum. Edison will help you choose the correct painting while you direct CJ to different crates scattered all over the basement. When you have found all of the paintings for the exhibition, you'll find that your masterpiece is needed to make it complete. CJ will take you the Louvre's Art Start Wing where you'll be asked to create a masterpiece of your own.
The Basement of the Louvre
Edison will help you choose the correct painting while you direct CJ to different crates scattered all over the basement.
Game Play Instructions
Direct CJ around the basement, cleaning the floor as you go! Use the arrow keys to move CJ around the basement, but be careful to avoid those roaming Dust Devils! They will cover your clean floor in dirt and break your brooms! When you find a crate, use the spacebar to see what's inside.
- Visual Discrimination
Art Start Wing
Let your creativity flow! Draw your own masterpiece for the exhibit, or just play around anytime you want!