The player can interact with seven musical instruments: banjo, harmonica, piano, horn, violin, flute, and drum. The player can either click on an instrument to hear it play, or press a key on the keyboard to activate a random instrument. Each musical instrument can play three music tracks, each belonging to the category of either "classical", "nursery", or "popular". Giggles stands in the center of the stage and acts as a conductor.
This activity has no difficulty levels.
Instruments and the Songs Played
- "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain"
- "Old MacDonald"
- "Turkey in the Straw"
- "O Susanna"
- "Home on the Range"
- "When the Saints Go Marching In"
- "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"/"The Alphabet Song"/"Baa Baa Black Sheep"
- "Prelude #1" by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- "Of Foreign Lands and People" by Schumann
- "Frère Jacques"/"Are You Sleeping?"
- A section from Peter and the Wolf
- "Sailing, Sailing"
- "Hush, Little Baby"
- "Dance of the Reeds" from The Nutcracker Suite
- "Pop, Goes the Weasel"
Three drum solos, but mostly unpitched.
Digital manual description
"Bang on your drum, toot your horn, gonna make music all day long!"
Listen to the different sounds of a harmonica, piano, horn, violin, flute, drum and banjo!
- Click on the instrument to hear it play. Watch the spotlight illuminate the instrument you select.
- Click again to hear three different selections. There are classical, nursery, and popular songs.
- Tapping the keyboard causes a random instrument to play.
Educational and Developmental Benefits
This delightful activity engages your toddler's natural musical curiosity and introduces the look and sound of various instruments. With your child in charge of the mouse, he or she can listen to favorite tunes. This builds your child's vocabulary and develops auditory discrimination.