The Junkyard is one of the places in Hooverville that Jo Hammet can visit. It is owned and managed by Jimmy. Whenever Jo is collecting items for one of the sabotaged sites, the Junkyard is one of the places she must visit. Jimmy will have one of the items Jo needs, and will give it to her in return for helping him organize the junk in the yard to conserve space.
The activity is based on tangram puzzles. The pieces of junk in the junkyard must be moved and rotated so that they create the same shape that is depicted in the diagram in the upper right corner of the screen. Pieces can be moved anywhere by clicking on one to pick it up, and then clicking again to place it down. When a piece is selected, the player can rotate it by pressing the spacebar. When all the pieces are in the right places, the activity will be complete.
Difficulty level differences
- Level one: Five pieces of junk must be arranged. The individual shapes are outlined in yellow on the diagram.
- Level two: Seven pieces of junk must be arranged. The individual shapes are outlined in yellow on the diagram.
- Level three: Seven pieces of junk must be arranged. The individual shapes aren't outlined on the diagram; only the overall shape is provided.
Help file description
You can find almost anything here in the Junkyard. The thing is, you have to hunt for it. There's all this junk, and I don't think Jimmy moved one piece of it. You'll have to give Jimmy a hand. He's gonna need some help stacking this stuff up. Our goal is to match the pattern that Jimmy shows us.
- Pick up a piece by clicking on it.
- Use the space bar to rotate the pieces of junk. Click again to release them.
- After you've completed the shape, Jimmy will give you the object you need.