Hi, I'm StoryMaker the Echidna, long-time JumpStart fan. I was absolutely obsessed with these games and learning as much as I could about them online when I was, like, eight. That was a long time ago, but somewhere deep down, my enthusiasm for this series remains. I love working on this wiki and hope I can contribute a lot to it!
- Work on JumpStart books articles.
- Create Books template.
- Make more articles about JumpStart (online game) and JumpStart 3D Virtual World, if possible.
- Create JumpStart Preschool: Magic of Learning article.
- Create as many activity pages as possible, and flesh out existing activity pages as much as possible.
- Add JumpStart Math for First Graders songs.
- Create all JumpStart Math for First Graders character articles.
My contributions to JumpStart's online presence
Not only have I been enjoying JumpStart's games for a long time, I have contributed to the internet's repository of JumpStart stuff for a long time, and continue to do so today! (Note: some of the following things are kind of embarrassing to me today, but they remain on the internet for all to see nonetheless...)
- Reviews on JumpStart products on Amazon.com
- Additions to JumpStart-related articles on Wikipedia
- JumpStart gameplay videos on YouTube (under the username JumpSonic)
- Entries for JumpStart games on TVTropes
- And, of course, contributions to the JumpStart wiki!
Perhaps the most special thing of all, though, is something I created that ended up on JumpStart's own website: a reading comprehension worksheet known as Frankie's Friends that made some references to JumpStart games of times past. I even included some illustrations in the original version, but I can't really blame them for replacing them with stock art '^^
Some favorite JumpStart games
- JumpStart Kindergarten (1998)
- My very first JumpStart game, and a very solid one indeed. Lots of fun for the intended age range...and sometimes I even played it when I was too old for it!
- JumpStart Advanced 1st Grade: Fundamentals
- The game that truly set off my JumpStart addiction.
- JumpStart Advanced 2nd Grade: Fundamentals
- Such fun plotline, characters, and games!
- JumpStart Explorers
- An ingenious, creative game that I had so much fun with and learned a lot from.
- JumpStart Study Helpers Math Booster
- I love the option to enter your own problems, and the games are quite entertaining.
- JumpStart Artist
- A very original game that's all kinds of fun and teaches a lot relating to one subject.
A message from me
Are you going to heaven? In order to answer this question, we need to think about who's in charge of heaven...God. According to the Bible, God has given man many commands that proceed directly from His holy, righteous, infinitely good nature - commands such as "Do not lie", "do not steal", "do not covet", "honor your father and mother", "you shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God (i.e. use it to swear)", and "you shall have no other gods before God" - meaning, God should be your fist priority in life. Honestly, do you obey all of these commands all the time? Of course not. I don't either.
The Bible says in James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it." Romans 3:23 says, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." You may think, "What's the big deal? Sure, I've done bad stuff...but surely God can just overlook them, right?"
Psalm 11:7 says in part, "For the Lord is righteous." Righteous - meaning He always does what is right. It's in His very nature. The Bible also refers to God as "holy" many times; He is beyond us, transcends us, and His goodness is utterly pure and set apart from the slightest hint of wickedness. Do you really think that a holy, righteous God can let any sin against HIM - the holy and righteous One - slide? Of course not. And because His holiness and righteousness are INFINITE, any sin against Him is an INFINITE sin deserving of - you guessed it - INFINITE punishment. 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 talks of God "inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction..."
Note that it says that God inflicts vengeance on those who "do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus." What is this gospel?
Simply put, the gospel is the best news ever given. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, who is one with God, to become a man - human, just like us. He lived His life absolutely sinlessly, and He willingly died on the cross and the punishment that sinners deserved was placed on Him. 1 Peter 2:24 says, "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed." Because the man Jesus was sinless and also fully God, He was able to TAKE the punishment for sins! God was satisfied with His offering, and as a result, He rose from the grave - and gives NEW LIFE to all who believe! John 3:16-18 says, "“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." Romans 10:9 says, "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Cry out to God and confess your sins. Repent of them and trust in Jesus Christ's sacrifice and resurrection, not your own good works, trusting Him as Lord of your life. If you do this, you are born again and indwelt by God's Holy Spirit, are forgiven of your sins, and are one of God's people!