World of JumpStart, originally called JumpStart 3D Virtual World, then simply JumpStart, and occasionally JumpStart.com, is a massively multiplayer online game that was initially released on March 10, 2009. Originally it was a single-player game, but on August 18, 2009, it was changed to support multiplayer gameplay. It is currently JumpStart's main focus, and continues to expand and gain new features.
The game utilizes a game engine called Unity.
At the beginning of the game, the player creates an avatar, called a Jumpee, which they can customize. Players can edit their Jumpeez' hair, eyes, mouth, skin color, clothing, and accessories. Then the player must choose a username with JumpStart's "Name Randomizer". The Name Randomizer allows players to choose words to create a safe yet unique name.
The Jumpee can be moved around the screeen with the arrow keys, or in some cases, the mouse. The player moves their Jumpee around to explore and go to different locations.
As the player explores the JumpStart world, they can meet different characters and play a variety of activities. The player can also take on missions assigned to them. Completing missions earns the player JumpStars and coins. The player moves up in rank by earning JumpStars. The player can also earn coins by playing activities or completing missions, which can then be used to make purchases.
- Petz - Petz are creatures that can be adopted and played with.
- Mythies - Mythies are mythical creatures that can be trained and raised.
- Ridez - Ridez are vehicles that the player can use for transportation.
- Threadz Store
- Ridez Store
- Petz Shop
- House Hut
- JS Sports Arena
- Brain Training Arcade
- Adventure Canyon
- The Beach
- Windy Hollows
- My Neighborhood
- The Enchanted Sanctuary
- StoryLand (Moved to JumpStart Junior)
- Training Island
- Lost Island of the Punk Punks
- Shipwreck Reef
- The Kelp Forest
- Rubble Ruins
- The Caverns
- Poseidon's Hangout
- New York
- Central Park
- Central Park Zoo
- Penguins' HQ
- European Habitat
- Coney Island
- Time Square
- JumpStart Online Game has been renamed to World of Jumpstart in 2016.
- There is a Counterpart Game, JumpStart Junior, aimed for Preschoolers. It was released in 2016 along with World of JumpStart Name Change.